Wednesday 1 November 2017


Link to sound pieces created by transcribing vlogs, then putting them through a text to voice simulator. I was particularly interested in the process and etiquette of speaking to camera, addressing what is essentially an imagined audience. The language was what really stood out to me and through the computer's attempts to recreate human errors, as well as further errors created by punctuation and unrecognised dialect, it particularly highlighted the absurdity which I recognised within the process of vlogging. Furthermore the conversational language of the monologues really struck me as the participants addressed an inanimate object. This was the catalyst for me to begin to think about human relationships with technology in a more literal manner and the absurdities surrounding our connections with devices such as phones, cameras and computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment