Thursday 19 May 2016

ONE OF MANY MOMENTS OF PARANOIA

THE CONSPIRACY THEORIST: This footage was shot when I realised that a crack exposed my facility to other students. It is clear from the filming that the student on the other side was aware of my presence and may even have taken her own images of surveillance.

THE ARTIST: This video piece was inspired by internet artists I have previously studied, such as Thomson and Craighead, who among others have used the medium to distort and confuse reality. The inspiration behind this was waking moments, where I can experience vivid, flashing hallucinations, followed by utter confusion as to whether they existed. By attempting to represent this experience visually I tried to engage with my own connections to feelings of paranoia, increasing the accuracy and sensitivity of my portrayal.



No comments:

Post a Comment