Tuesday 6 June 2017

TENT INSTALLATION EXPERIMENTS










This experimentation was an extension of recreating the recurring-dream image described in the earlier post. As my clothing had successfully evoked familiarity, I felt the addition of the familiar light sources within a darker environment could successfully realise the memory.

To tie the two objects together and provide further supplementary tonal changes, I added the children's play tent. Already used less successfully in a previous term with a projecting experiment, I believe my inability to visualise and realise that experiment gave the impetus to reuse it in this. 

I felt that the use of lamp light and more advanced photography skills meant the tent was better utilised in this installation. It gave shelter to the crouched form, further obscuring it and dwarfing it, despite its own small size and provided a barrier to soften the lights from the lamps, meaning the light was hazier and objects were more dimly illuminated. It also gave greater variation in the choice of colours, which contributed to the childlike nature of my attempts to create an image from a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment