Monday 5 June 2017

Wire and clothing sculpture. Later developed into installation and film pieces.
Developing from my inability to visualise images, my inability to recall or recreate faces lead to me to explore sculptural means of representing the human form. 

This sculpture was inspired by the memory of a recurring dream, which I am sure is grounded in some early memory, where I cannot fully see a huddled form. I remember the dream-scape itself being variable, changing in colour and light, but always disguising the reduced, child-like human form. 

I created a wire interior to support the clothing, not intended to replicate the human form, but to give the vague impression of something shrunken and absent. Using old clothing of my own, I attempted to replicate the sense of familiarity which lasted with me after waking.

No comments:

Post a Comment