Sunday 17 June 2018

FINAL FILM

This film combined various influences and elements of my work in a 6 minute compilation of 'test footage' for my phone's script. Almost laughably low budget, with no attention payed to setting, costuming or proper casting, they attempted to bring greater focus to the language the implications of meaning on the nonsensical words.

The tone of the language was an interpretation of the text provided by the phone and a decision carried through from creating the script. Not only was there underlying tension, but my phone was distributed the more sinister and demanding lines by chance, giving it a position of power over myself. This is not a state I would say is reflected of the phone, as I tried to convey in the introduction, but a character it had created.

By glitching the clips almost constantly throughout I was not only intending to create an overarching aesthetic to link the two videos together and into the installation space, but a sense that the content itself was corrupted and obsolete. Ultimately, the words provided by my phone were never intended for this scripted format and my attempts to render them as this are futile.

No comments:

Post a Comment