Sunday 17 June 2018


Introduction speech of film

Sophie: Hi there thank you ALL for coming
So me and my phone have been working super hard on this new project and we have made some test footage from a new script my phone has been writing

Phone: Yes we have called it “the same as last time”

Sophie: Well you did. Anyway, my phone is going to be playing a gangland boss and this episode focuses largely on themes of coercion and conflict between their long-serving stooge, who is beginning to question their motives.

Phone: I’m afraid I am not sure if I can imagine it being official or something like…

Sophie: We can see this being adapted for television or theatre so we’ve tried to include elements of that into it and I’ve left the editing to my wonderful laptop so please note that if there are any errors, this can easily be rectified. Obviously your investment in this project will naturally help to improve the finished product.

Phone: You can see it Publish now Don’t show this company has been sent to you guys

Sophie: Yes, thank you. Please enjoy this test screening.




This script was created with the intention of contextualising the process of the filmed footage, as well as giving the entire film an overarching narrative; pitching the footage for investment. By combining the voice of the mobile (via predictive text and a generated voice) and a clown-type version of myself, I feel this actually became one of the more surreal, farcical elements of the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment