Sunday 17 June 2018

Script experimentation with source material

I did these experiments to explore further the nature and variation of online language and interaction, particularly in terms of its absurdity. I took different online platforms and interpreted scripted material within them. 

The purpose of this was to further a progression of my text based work into a performed format. By performing the words, whether this be myself or through a computer generator, elements of intonation and emphasis help to direct the intention of the words and have more of an influence on the meaning of the text.


I feel the most successful source material was the predictive text. Unlike most of the other experiments which involved some sort of direct transcription, by collaborating with my phone to a degree to chose the suggested words I felt more freedom with the language and more of an attempt on the part of my phone to convey some sort of creativity. By scripting the text it also involved extrapolating meaning from the strings of words and imposing some sort of situation to make sense of it. I found myself reading in reprimands and exclamations which set some sort of tension between the interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment